8/28/2005

Gas, Engagement, and Everything Infant

Cultural assumptions about engagement:

It will be the best time of your life. Yet we felt that engagement, even though good, was difficult and trying.

Cultural assumptions about the first year of marriage:

When people ask, tell them you are enjoying each other so much, and in fact, the only thing you fight about, is who loves the other more. Yet we felt that the first year of marriage was Greater than that, in the original sense. It stripped us of who we thought we wanted to be, and gave us a more true knowledge of ourselves and each other. It helped us to repent with clarity. Neither of us had ever known such intimacy.

Cultural assumptions about babies:

You will adore them. I don't. Sometimes I can't stand my son. I love him, I would lay down my life for him - I would jump in front of a car in his place, but to lay down my daily life for him is not to think sweet and bubbly thoughts of him - it is to face myself, let others face me as I am, and pray for a change of heart. Or better, an exchange of heart. To believe that My heart for Christ's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home