8/30/2005

How Jesus Works:

An Excerpt from The Manual

Okay, not really. But I feel like there is some consistancy in the ways that he goes after my heart. Even though last night was one of the harder nights we have had since Brighton was born, last night I knew compassion for my son. There is some possibility that Brighton has some kind of acid reflux issue that is giving him gas and causing him to burp up slighltly more than normal amounts of milk. Mind you, it seems like he is a leaking water main, but we have been advised it only seems that way because of his size, etc. Anyhow, something about knowing that my boy is in pain, and more likely than not, the fact that I KNOW that we are being prayed over and for by a legion of people who love us despite us, has moved me (atleast for a night) to feel broken-hearted for my son Brighton. When he squirmed and grimmaced, looking not unlike his mother did in labor, I felt like praying for him instead of giving him back to the animal shelter - "sorry, this one just doesn't fit well with our family" - I could hear myself saying a couple of nights ago. Jesus, by faith I believe that you are always here, but my flesh consistantly feels like you are missing. Thank you for reconciling those differences in my daily life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home