12/04/2005

Coming home

What happened! Its been almost a month since my last blog post! Anyone get sick of checking it to see that nothing was posted? I'm not a very good blogger :) I think I haven't really wanted to talk any more about all the hard stuff in our lives. It isn't received very well. I wonder how David felt in the when he wrote the Psalms. Those songs are desperate, their frickin' angry, angry songs, about the reality of a cursed world weighing on the heart of a king, a man, and how he forgot so often to surrender his will against that curse to his heavenly dad. In Psalm 119 David says "Revive me with your Righteousness". David felt dead, in need of revival, new life. King David, the guy who killed his friend to sleep with the guy's wife. King David, who God used in spite of himself. I wonder if anyone ever told David that he was a depressing person? I find his songs to be uplifting because they are true. Despite his pain, and his unbelief, God pursued David and offered him Faith, so that his songs, in the end, if not collectively, point upstream, toward the source of life. I want my song to point upstream. Please pray. Matthew

1 Comments:

At 12/15/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matthew,
David is also the one who brought the Ark home. Bring the Ark home and worship. Dance your heart out before the Lord. Angry, Sad, Happy, Tired just Dance!
Love you man.
Father give Matthew the strength to dance before you Father. I pray that his movement through helping his child grow will be a blessing to you. Father I pray that every second spent at night awake for the sake of the child will be made into blessing. Father I pray that every second he sleeps will be as minutes and he will awaken fresh. Bless this man and his family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home