12/22/2005

We're back

Amy and I are out in California in Los Osos, near Morro Bay and San Luis Obispo. It's been cold and rainy, but OH SO much nicer than Philly weather. Amy and I took a long walk this morning with Brighton strapped up in the Bjorn on my chest (as usual) and really had a chance to be thankful for each other again, and strangely thankful for all the crappy circumstances in our lives. We're always thankful for the good ones, like the Christmas bonus this year, and the hope that I might make a little money designing websites this next year, or the knowledge that Brighton won't be a sleepless cuckoo forever, BUT we are rarely thankful for the stuff in our lives that makes us feel unstable and unable. The ONLY reason to be thankful for terrible stuff is that it makes it really clear to these two nutters that Jesus is THE vine, and that we are little branches hoping to bear a few small grapes in one long lifetime, and we'll need the vine and all that he offers to even see the wee start of a grape or two, let alone, enough for wine at the great feast. So, hey, thanks for praying! I told you it works! Oh wait, no I didn't I'm usually a hopeless disbeliever. YOU told ME it works! Thanks for the reminder. Merry Christmas, Matthew PS. Just when I think I'm getting nerdy, and that I know what I'm doing, i go and delete the folder with all the important images (like the header :) Its back now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home