1/15/2006

I'm proud of my boy

And he hasn't done a thing... Over at minismith, my Amy said, "I am as helpless as Brighton to cry out to Christ". What does that mean? Surely, Amy and Matthew, who claim to know and love Jesus are capable of running to and from Christ as an act of free will? Yep! I run to him and from him all the time. So what the heck is Amy talking about? How can I be a Christian and believe that? Here's the question? Is original sin true? Or put this way: Are we sinners because we sin, or do we sin because we're sinners? Catch the difference? The former implies that we are messed up because of the choices we make, while the latter implies that our choices are messed up because WE ARE MESSED UP! Romans Chapter 7:15-19
I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate. I know perfectly well that what I am doing is wrong, and my bad conscience shows that I agree that the law is good. But I can't help myself, because it is sin inside me that makes me do these evil things. I know I am rotten through and through so far as my old sinful nature is concerned. No matter which way I turn, I can't make myself do right. I want to, but I can't. When I want to do good, I don't. And when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway.
How then do we live? By weakness friends. Don't be confident in YOU Matthew, be confident in your Big Brother Jesus. Don't try harder Matthew! Repent, and believe that your attempts at trying are like one footstep at a time walking right by the cross, pretending you don't see Jesus up there hanging for you. See what His love will do, to change your core! So that you will be different! Not because you are sinless, but because you are LOVING! If you are forgiven much you will love much (Luke 7). You can't be forgiven much if you think you're pretty good in general Matthew. So, then I am like Brighton too. I am more Matthew when I am like a child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home