9/08/2005

hanging in there

We went to bible study tonight for the first time since Brighton was born. It was good to see everyone. My friend Geoff was there as usual. He watched me with Brighton. He wrote me this in an email tonight: "Your way with Brighton reminded me of the translation of the prodigal son in our children's bible, "He was filled with tender love for his son." " I wrote him back: "Its 2:41am. I am a raging bull. He wouldn't take a bottle for the second night in a row. I stayed at it with him for over half an hour, trying to coo and woo him into taking it, but he kept crying and crying. He has taken a bottle half a dozen times before. Amy is so tired, she is really exhausted. I wanted so badly to do this for my wife, and even to do this for Brighton. It had been a fulfilling thing to feed him by the bottle, a way I could love him. I am duking it out with my flesh right now, who is duking it out with God, who duked it out with Jesus, so that this angry, sad man can claim his conscience is clean though tonight his burden feels less than light - or is that more than light? I dunno, its 2:45." My friend Geoff loves the gospel. I know that the next time I see him or hear from him he will not necessarily "not think less of me", but that he will likely think more of Jesus for me. I am really thankful for the gospel friendships I have in my life.

1 Comments:

At 9/08/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for loving amy and little b in the midst of your battle. He's the one who fights for you....you ARE hanging in there with each move toward the crying, fussing GIFT you have been given. i love you three.
kathyg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home