Who is Jesus
- Your wife left the room to help the baby and your night's plans look like poo poo.
- You're not wondering which bible verse to read, but what to impliment at your website, and how to become as geekified as one can in the shortest time possible.
- Life seems like its taking a turn for a slightly easier season at 3pm, but by 8pm your pretty sure you were halucinating at 3pm.
- You want to help your church do more, but your family needs you to be their backup, and you would rather the back patting, handshakes, and nodding heads of a church and their staff that can't believe how helpful you are.
- The word "Savior" becomes too "christian", and you know you've been saved, but you can't remember why you once felt so emotional about it.
- and so on...
- ...and so forth.
- ...born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.
- ...the guy who held my hand in a dream once, walked with me down a dirty road, and kept me near him, like he wanted to get closer to me, the way I feel, when I want to chew on Brighton, I want to love him so much I could ingest him.
- ...this one: And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, Dan. 10.6 and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations; and he shall rule them with a rod of iron and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
- ...the friend we asked to give us help as Amy gave birth, and who remained invisible during the entirety of the event, so that when it was finished and we had our son, we wondered where he had been, and why he had not come?
- ...the King we are learning to submit to, who uses births and daily deaths to wake us to his love - his severe Mercy.
- ...the God who offers me grace to remember the gospel, and hope for what is not seen, a life without tears, where death is gone and rivers of love roll for those who were weak, who were poor, who loved justice, who needed their Jesus more than life.